Non-healing wounds and skin loss are a major healthcare problem with a variable one percent of the global population experiencing wound care related issues at any given time and the associated costs with wound care management accounting to between two and four percent of the total healthcare expenditure. One of the major causes of these numbers is due to an aging worldwide population as well as an increased rate of diseases such as diabetes, obesity as well a notable after effect from radiation therapy. These factors have led to the establishment of wound healing groups and wound care centers worldwide.
In the past, treatment of chronic and problematic wounds is offered in a non-structured fashion whereby a mixture of different medical disciplines and healthcare workers are involved. Hence, in order to provide a comprehensive, specialized wound care program, a systematic approach to wound care management is required. Through a more organized and thorough wound care management program, a financially viable enterprise more accommodating to both; patients and healthcare professionals, can be established.
However, in most centers, the staff are employed on a part time basis in an outpatient setting. When hospitalization is necessary, the patient is often referred to a department in dermatology, surgery, internal medicine or other relevant departments where knowledge of wound treatment is generally limited. This highlights the importance of a specialized wound care center where care can be provided comprehensively and succinctly in a one-stop center for the benefit of the patients.
Celllora Clinic offers an independent, specialized wound care center with a multidisciplinary, well-trained personnel working full-time with chronic wounds and are capable of tending to patients with multiple wound types throughout an entire treatment course. Celllora Clinic is backed by Cell Tissue Technology Sdn Bhd (CellTissue); a pioneer of regenerative medicine and tissue engineering. CellTissue manufactures Tissue Engineered Medical Products to address problems such as chronic wounds and skin loss for nearly a decade, offering innovative medical products used in the treatment of such cases. Some of the very well known products include:
• MyDerm®: Classical version of advanced 3D auto-graft skin substitute meant for the repair of full thickness skin loss. The technology involves use of a small piece of patient’s own skin to grow in bigger size of choice; to aid wound healing is a safer and more effective way.
• CelltiGraft™: Latest version of advanced 3D auto-graft skin substitute meant for the repair of full thickness skin loss. The technology involves use of a small piece of patient’s own skin to grow in bigger size of choice; to aid wound healing is a safer and more effective way.
• FibroDerm™: Single layer autologous skin graft, comprising only dermal layer of the skin. The graft is specially meant for huge skin loss, mostly due to burn.
• K-Derm™: Single layer of autologous epidermis skin graft, composed of autologous keratinocytes, used for therapeutic purposes.
• AlGraft™: Allogenic bilayer skin graft for treating skin loss/wound. The graft is prepared from fresh donor skin ensuring faster application when needed.
• CryoGraft™: Allogenic bilayer skin graft for treating skin loss/wound. The graft is prepared and cryopreserved ensuring faster application when needed.
• SprayDerm™: Autologous dermal cells are suspended in a liquid to spray over the wounds, offering a faster application and preparation of wound bed especially in acute cases.
Celllora Clinic also focuses on both internal and external education due to a strong belief in continuous medical education. The results of clinical trials and research achieved in the center are distributed to other areas of the healthcare system. The center staff educates a specific number of healthcare workers who subsequently disseminate the knowledge to the whole healthcare system. This is aimed to improve the overall reach of new knowledge regarding the management of chronic wounds. They are also eager to educate the public with our regular forums aimed to increased awareness among the general public regarding what they can do to via modification of activities of daily living.
Celllora Clinic also offers a personalized treatment through providing comprehensive solutions towards wound care management with specialized referrals from the primary and secondary health care centers; an option provided based on CellTissue multitude of dealings within the medical background, optimizing the wound healing process.
At Celllora Clinic, the primary vision of wound care management is through the prevention of wounds rather than the curing of wounds, using regenerative medicine to expedite the healing process of patients with the goal of keeping the patient out of the hospital environment for as long as possible. Patients with pressure ulcers/sores are usually elderly and fragile meaning that transport and consultation in the outpatient clinic poses a major stress, creating a higher risk for new ulcers.
Why choose this structure and why treat all types of wounds in a center such as this? The advantages include:
The idea of treating all types of wounds at the same place is based on the following considerations:
In conclusion, Celllora Clinic is an advanced wound care center consists of an independent, multidisciplinary department integrated in a national expert function is beneficial to both patients and society as a whole. A setup with personnel working full-time with all types of chronic wounds improves the compliance and continuity of treatment and care as well as providing access to relevant diagnostics and therapeutics measures to the public. This healthcare model is aimed at improving education for all; healthcare professionals, patients and caregivers and increasing the rate of wound healing.
Congratulations to CTT and MyDerm for being chosen as one of the finalists of this year's Anugerah Inovasi Negara. MeDerm will be exhibting in the finale stage, so stay tuned!
(taken from MOSTI FB page)
NAK TAHU APA ITU INOVASI? INGIN LIHAT IDEA HEBAT ANAK WATAN?
Saksikan para Finalis Anugerah Inovasi Negara 2016 (AIN 2016) mempamerkan idea-idea inovasi mereka di pentas akhir AIN 2016. Pelbagai aktiviti menarik turut disediakan antaranya #ScienceShow #SpaceTalk#DIYSatellite #NanoTalk #ScienceBusking #ExploScience
Jom kita ke Pameran Anugerah Inovasi Negara 2016 (AIN 2016), pada 17 & 18 Oktober 2016 di Aras Bawah Nu Sentral Kuala Lumpur.
Hadiah menarik disediakan. Datanglah beramai-ramai.
We will be appearing in Malaysia Hari ini (MHI), LIVE on TV3 to talk more about Ops Luka! Details: 8.30am, 4th October 2016, Tuesday.
Our CEO, Dr. Khairul Idzwan Baharin will be speaking in this event at 10am. Be sure to catch him if you're around!
AUTM Asia 2015 will be the largest gathering of academic research institutions, industry, technology transfer professionals and entrepreneurs in Asia. The four-day event will feature prominent speakers from North America, Asia, Australia and Malaysia discussing on the latest technology transfer trend. 10 reasons to head over to booth 40 and say HI!
1. Here’s your chance to experience a luxury treat at Starhill Gallery, Bukit Bintang (if you register now) and GRAB:
2. If you’re a biomedical researcher, in need for human primary cells – Come and talk to us. Variety of cells and special offers are waiting!
3. So you have a cosmetic line, skin or personal care products? Get them validated and tested on our human skin or cells, so you’ll have optimized formulation – out beat your competitors!
4. Perhaps you’re on skin related research? We can provide you with human skin, 3D skin or equivalents, monolayer or bilayer, fresh or cryopreserved, viable or non-viable; you name it, we custom-produce them for you!
5. Are you a patient or caregiver? Here’s your chance to enroll in our clinical/case studies and experience our range of advanced treatment at no cost while contributing to medical advancement!
6. Interested to learn more on how we do it? Register for our "GMP Workshop for Cell and Tissue Production” and secure your seats as they are limited (only 30 pax). First come first serve!
7. Free consultation with our dermatologist/clinic director (by appointment only) and product specialists on site!
8. Are you a doctor, surgeon, physician, aesthetician, beautician or medical researcher? Register you interest to refer your patients or incorporate our treatment in your treatment options, or even join our hands-on training so you’re one level higher from your peers!
9. Interested in Collaborating? Partnering? Distributing? Investing? Supplying? You got that right, head over here and get the ball rolling. We may strike a good deal!
10. Show us your support by getting to know us more, sign our guestbook and take a glimpse of what Malaysia’s very own home-grown Tissue Engineering Company has to offer!
See you there, peeps! Please contact Ms. Gargy / Mr Anwar:
+6012 719 8455 | +603 9545 3737 | www.celltissue.com.my | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell Tissue Technology (CTT) proudly announces that the upcoming aesthetic product, CelltiF has made its way to the finals of GIST tech-I, 2014. Project manager, Gargy Lahiry has been selected as one of the 30 finalists from 67 semifinalists on this global competition, takes place every year. The finalists are entitled to attend 5th Global Entrepreneurship summit in Marrakech, Morocco, this November. As an integral part of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES), the GIST TECH-I competition will be enriched with participants from Africa, Middle East and Asia. CCO, Dr. Heikal Yunus will be presenting CelltiF on this prestigious event, as a representative of CTT.
GIST TECH-I is a global competition to identify and support the most promising technology and science entrepreneurs. The GIST Initiative is led by the U.S. Department of State and CRDF Global. Tech-I is designed to encourage and support technology and science entrepreneurs to launch and/or grow a company in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Turkey through training and mentorship with successful entrepreneurs, angel investors, and venture capitalists.
The event will be enriched with the presence of important personnel from all over the world, including Ministers from Moroccan Foreign affairs, Economy and Finance, Trade and investment, along with the US secretary of Commerce, and top if it, the US vice president, Joe Biden.
This event is a big platform to facilitate the exchange of views and ideas between global business leaders and entrepreneurs and strengthen alliances among entrepreneurs around the world, and CTT had the glory to make it to the finals of this happening event 2 times since 2012.
We'll be at Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2013, KL Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur. Catch MyDerm LIVE at the event!
Cell Tissue Technology Sdn Bhd (CTT) today announces its participation at the 2013 Biopharma Asia Convention held in Sentosa Island, Singapore from 18 – 21 March 2013.
The 2013 BioPharma Asia Convention is the largest and most strategic event in Asia that brings together more than 4,000 key stakeholders and decision makers from across the globe to explore partnership ideas, business trends and investment opportunities in Asia's bio-pharmaceutical sector.
This year's BioPharma Asia Convention was dedicated entirely to the value chain of the pharmaceutical industry, including innovations, technologies and methodologies in driving drug discovery development across Asia. The convention also explored the latest technology and best practices in increasing biologic manufacturing productivity, licensing and partnering opportunities in Asia, particularly in the fields of pharmaceutical and biotechnology. In addition, the conference also showcased the latest trends and development in Asia's top 3 diseases – cardiology, oncology and diabetes.
The CEO of Cell Tissue Technology Sdn Bhd, Dr Khairul Baharin gave two speeches at two different sessions of the Convention. The first speech entitled "Assessing Commercial Opportunities and Challenges for Stem Cell Applications In Asia” was delivered on 19 March 2013. The session also involved discussions on accessing the trends, opportunities and challenges in the commercialization of stem cell applications in Asia as a viable business model. There was an in-depth analysis of the capabilities of popular countries in Asia in commercializing stem cell applications for therapeutic and drug discovery purposes.
The second speech, titled "Formation of Autologous Bilayer Tissue Engineered Human Skin Using HPD as Biomaterials” was delivered on 20 March 2013. The session covered a demonstration of CTT's key product, MyDerm™. Among the areas touched were on MyDerm™'s unique characteristics, underlying principles of tissue engineered skin using HDP as biomaterials and identifying the needs of the study towards solving current and upcoming clinical problems. This is in addition to discussions on the efforts and initiatives to recognize and ascertain suitable alternatives to the current gold-standard treatments and the journey from the laboratories to bedsides.
The events helped the attendees to gain an insight into Asia' stem cell industry from leading pharmaceuticals, biotechnology companies and research institutes to identify and assess the critical issues at the interface of stem cells and regenerative medicine. These sessions also helped to uncover the latest breakthroughs in Asia's stem cell industry besides getting engaged in meaningful discussions with the industry's veterans and global heavyweights.
Such events are important and crucial to create prospects for business collaborations between basic research scientists and pharmaceutical companies.
Cell Tissue Technology Sdn Bhd announces today that the Company's key product, MyDerm™ is listed among the 50 Innovation Business Opportunities (IBO) at the 6th Governance Council Meeting of Agensi Inovasi Malaysia (AIM).
According to AIM, MyDerm™ has the potential to generate a revenue of RM3.07 million in 3 years' time.
IBO is a continuous project under AIM that showcases locally developed potential innovations that are available for bidding by individuals and companies locally and abroad. The emphasis is to secure a business partner to commercialize the intellectual properties of universities and research institutes in Malaysia.
AIM's role is to bridge and facilitate the processes involved by publishing on their website every quarter the 50 projects available for interested parties to "bid”. Bidding here does not refer to any monetary transactions but indicates an interest. When a party bids for a project, it is required to provide information to AIM for screening with the owners of the IPs.
An introductory meeting will be held between the bidder and the IP owner to discuss potential modes of cooperation or collaboration.
MyDerm™ was included with 49 other projects which were announced by the Prime Minister, Dato' Seri Najib Tun Razak.
Details for bidding are now available at www.innovation.my.